Why can't my SFR-phone not send SMS to foreign phones?

DaddyQuickstep
Contributeur en Herbe

Why can't my SFR-phone not send SMS to foreign phones?
No error messages - they just don't reach the receiver.

No problem with sending SMS to other french phones.

No problem receiving SMS from foreign phones.

No problems with sending/receiving MMS from/to foreign phones.

Very strange,

Hope for your help even though my question is in English 🙂

Edit CM : Votre sujet a été déplacé ici car il n'était pas dans la bonne catégorie. Vous recevrez bientôt une réponse de la Communauté.

11 RÉPONSES 11
Robert26
Contributeur Elite

Good evening @DaddyQuickstep,

That's strange indeed. Maybe there is an option in your SMS app preventing SMS to be send to a foreign phone ? Did you try using another SMS app ?

DaddyQuickstep
Contributeur en Herbe

Thanks for looking into this 🙂

I have been looking for information, that could indicate such blocking, but I haven't found anything

What app do you think, I could try?

Written chat in WhatsApp is not having any problems.

Robert26
Contributeur Elite

Hi @DaddyQuickstep, you can try any SMS app you like. The point is to determine if the issue is caused by the SMS protocol itself or just the app you're using now.

DaddyQuickstep
Contributeur en Herbe

Thanks

I will try and get back to you

DaddyQuickstep
Contributeur en Herbe

I have downloadet Textra SMS and tried the different situations on that.

The problem is exactly the same - I can't send SMS to foreign phones/companies.

I tried to remember other characteristica, thet coul enlighten the problem:

- My phone has 2 sim cards

- The problem was not there last year

Hope for more suggestion and advice 🤞

Robert26
Contributeur Elite

Hum, that's a tough one 😅. Has something changed since last year ? Maybe this has to do with some kind of faulty automatic switch between your SIM cards when you send SMS ?

@kendokanne (bonjour à toi !), est-ce que tu aurais une autre idée par hasard ?

DaddyQuickstep
Contributeur en Herbe

Thanks for not giving up 😥

When I send a text (SMS), I can freely choose between the two SIM cards. For the foreign one no problems, but only when I use my SFR card + send to a foreign number, there is a problem.

Nothing special happened to my phone for the last months (to my best knowledge). Only standard Android updates.

I assume you have a (Android?) SFR phone? Maybe you could send me an SMS to my Danish phone (00*****) as a test?
Perhaps this could determine whether this is a general issue ?

Edit CM : Pour votre sécurité, merci de ne pas divulguer d'informations personnelles (nom de famille, adresse exacte, numéro de téléphone, adresse mail, référence de contrat...).

Robert26
Contributeur Elite

I'm not a customer service representative (customer and technical services aren't linked to La Communauté SFR), so I can't help you with technical tests, sorry.

What is the exact name of your SFR SIM offer (the one you see when you enter your customer space) ? Maybe its SMS sending conditions changed somehow ? I don't think it's the reason, but we should check that nonetheless.

DaddyQuickstep
Contributeur en Herbe

I really appreciate your help👍

My SFR is Power 50GO

Comment gagner des badges

Badges En savoir plus