Cancel SFR box contract from outside France

guestse01
Visiteur

Hello,

Please please help me cancel my subscription.

I want to cancel my SFR Internet Box subscription. I don't speak French, and I have already left France.

Please don't give me the 1023 solution because all they did was tell me send the letter to "SFR Resiliation TSA 30103 69947 LYON CEDEX 20." Shortly after that like 10 days or so, they wanted me to send the box.

My initial intention was to do the above, however corona happened. I had visa/flight issues and I did not know one month in advance I was going to leave france. I only had a week and I unfortunately did not have time to do the above.

In the past months I have tried FB/twitter chats, both haven't worked because they keep asking me to call 1023.

I'd humbly request someone to give me a bit more of a flexible solution. While I understand I can't return the box, since I am not in France, there must be an alternative way right ? Since SFR is a telecom company I am hoping there are online solutions to these problems that don't involve me having to fly to France to cut my internet connection.

Please please requesting help here, this is my last resort.

Edit CM : Votre sujet a été déplacé car il n'était pas dans la bonne catégorie. Vous recevrez bientôt une réponse de la Communauté. Bonne journée !

6 RÉPONSES 6
christinevo01
Visiteur

Hello

I feel your frustration as I am in the same scenario

Outside of France, and trying to contact SFR, without speaking the language is impossible

Fortunately my caretaker has access to my house, and is able to return the box, once I get instructions from SFR, which is not forthcoming, despite my numerous attempts

guestse01
Visiteur

Hey yea, I am in 10 different kinds of pain. It was horrible to move during corona. Plus it isn't that I didn't try. As soon as I know I was leaving, in that one week I went with the box to the SFR boutique in my locality where I had opened my contract with, because I knew that would be the only solution left for me. Unfortunately the boutique was also closed due to corona.

Robert26
Contributeur Elite

Hello @guestse01,

I'm sorry to hear that. There are no customer service representatives here, and we can't access your personal cutomer file. If someone in France can't send the box back for you, I suggest you explain your situation (in french) by writing a letter to this address, to see what you can do :

Service Client Box et Fibre

SFR

TSA 10101

69947 LYON Cedex 20

Have a nice day.

guestse01
Visiteur

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for you reply. But this is the 21st century, so please tell me there a way I can do this online ? Like pay for the box through a portal and close the account somehow without me having to wait for letters back and forth ?

Robert26
Contributeur Elite

There is not unfortunatly, sorry @guestse01. I would have told you otherwise. The box have to be sent back, or you'll pay penalties (it will be an automatic process, with mails prompting you to send the box back).

guestse01
Visiteur

Oh no, this whole process is so stressful and to add to other problems, its really taking a toll.

Comment gagner des badges

Badges En savoir plus