Réponse certifiée par SFR Question résolue

You are not commited

jooan01
Visiteur

Hello, i started my contract in 25/01/2020 with SFR for a hotspot. Paying 35 € montly and in 2021 in january i paid 50 € because the discount wore off. In my client space, it says i'm no longer engaged ("Vous n’êtes plus engagé"). Also, it says in my invoices: Fin d'engagement : 25/01/2021

If this is true, why am i still being charged for this month? (February - March)

1 RÉPONSE RECOMMANDÉE

Solutions approuvées
Réponse certifiée par SFR
kendokanne
Client Top Contributeur

Bonjour @jooan01 

Est-ce un forfait mobile ou un abonnement box SFR ?

La fin de l'engagement ne signifie pas l'arrêt de la facturation !

Sans action de ta part, l'abonnement ou le forfait est reconduit de mois en mois.

Mais dans la mesure où tu n'es plus engagé , tu peux le résilier sans frais ou effectuer une portabilité d ligne si tu souhaites conserver ton numéro.

Cordialement 

On ne peut admirer en même temps la lune, la neige et les fleurs
Même les singes tombent des arbres

2 RÉPONSES 2
Réponse certifiée par SFR
kendokanne
Client Top Contributeur

Bonjour @jooan01 

Est-ce un forfait mobile ou un abonnement box SFR ?

La fin de l'engagement ne signifie pas l'arrêt de la facturation !

Sans action de ta part, l'abonnement ou le forfait est reconduit de mois en mois.

Mais dans la mesure où tu n'es plus engagé , tu peux le résilier sans frais ou effectuer une portabilité d ligne si tu souhaites conserver ton numéro.

Cordialement 

On ne peut admirer en même temps la lune, la neige et les fleurs
Même les singes tombent des arbres

Ryry
Client Top Contributeur

Hello @jooan01 

As @kendokanne asked, we need further informations to help you.

Indeed all what you describe may be totally normal:

• usually, with most ISPs in France, the contract engage you (you are comited) as a customer for a minimal number of months (often 12 sometimes 24)
  • during these 12 months the price is discounted, but you can't leave the contract with no penalties
  • after these 12 months (for you it appears to be 25/01/2021), the discounted price is finished, you're automatically switched to the "normal" price
  • from now, you have two possibilities
    • either you keep your contrat alive and you keep your internet connection (that is to say you don't cancel anything and you pay your bill each month)
    • or you can leave your contract without penalties (you just pay the 49€ for closing the contract) if you want to change ISPs

In other words:

1. your initial contract never ends until you cancel/close it
  2. but during the first 12 months, it's cheaper

If this is true, why am i still being charged for this month? (February - March)

You are charged for the reason above.

• "Non engagé" (not commited) does not mean "contract cancelled"
  • it just means that, now, you are free to leave this contract when you want, without legal penalties (that's the law in France => discounted price, but you have to pay back the remaining "durée d'engagement" (time of commitment)  if you leave the contract during the discount time).
  • From now on, you keep your internet service and you pay the full price for it... Until you don't want it any longer.

Regards.

Digiclient NC → parti de sa planète disparue, pour une nouvelle terre d'accueil ♥
LaBox THD 4K (V3) - Connexion FttLA à 1000↓↑40 Mbit/s

Comment gagner des badges

Badges En savoir plus